THE EASIEST AND MOST PROFESSIONAL WAY TO FIND YACHT CREW MEMBERS
Bringing a new yacht crew member onto your boat is always a big step for any discerning yacht captain or HoD. The current yacht crew agency system is sometimes accused of having a ‘law of averages’ approach, which is, ‘send enough CVs and see what sticks’.
A great crew agent (and they definitely exist!) will know you personally, know what your yacht owners are like, be familiar with some of your existing crew, and be able to shortlist excellent candidates who fit in well with your current on-board culture.
- How many of you have such individual relationships with your crew agent?
- How do you know which crew agency to use?
- What if you’re missing out on the perfect candidate by listing your crew vacancy only with one or two agencies?
- And does forwarding a pile of CVs really justify those often-prohibitively expensive agency fees?
Most of you probably list your crew jobs with crew agencies because you think it’s going to save you time – allowing the agency to whittle down the candidates on your behalf. You’re busy, we get that. It’s an expensive way to do things, but it’s the way it’s always been done.
However, it can be disappointing when you put aside precious time for the interview process, only to find that none of the candidates ‘feel’ right when you finally meet with them?
When it comes down to it, aren’t you, the Captain or HoD, the person that should be short-listing the candidates rather than a third party? You know your yacht and what it needs better than anyone. SURELY THERE’S A BETTER WAY TO RECRUIT YACHT CREW?
- What if there was an easy way to access all the candidates in your location on an online platform, rather than ringing around the agencies one by one?
- What if you could whittle the candidates down effortlessly, by simply entering simple search parameters – experience, qualifications, age, hair colour, nationality….?
- What if you could see their ‘About Me’ summary and a selection of photos without having to go to the trouble of downloading their CV and getting one measly thumbnail size profile picture?
- What if you could go beyond the photo and CV and instead watch a personal video introduction?
- What if you had the option to message the applicants before the interview process so you can get to know them a little better before deciding whether they’re worth interviewing?
- What if you could change the details of what you’re looking for – widening or narrowing the search at the click of a button, rather than having to call the agencies and get them to rewrite their listing?
- What if you could easily keep your eye on the talent out there, even when you’re not actively hunting for candidates?
- What if you could save money by avoiding paying hefty placement fees per crew member, and just pay a simple monthly or annual subscription fee to access the candidate pool instead?
- What if you could see ratings and reviews of candidates by past captains and HOD’s?
Well now there is a way to do all these things (and more)….because we’ve built it!
Introducing YachtMe, a simple website platform where captains can post jobs, filter candidates, see ratings and reviews by other captains and directly message promising applicants.
Simple, economical, and powerfully user-friendly, YachtMe allows you to filter all the available candidates and get in touch with those who interest you without having to go around in circles.
Built by senior yacht crew to fill a void in the yachting recruitment market, the YachtMe concept was born from our own experience of job hunting in the yachting industry, as well as hearing the common complaints of captains who struggle to find great crew or resent paying large agency placement fees. We knew there had to be a better way. So we built it!
To find out more you can contact us on Facebook.